LinkedIn Learning for Library is currently unavailable. We hope to regain access in the near future, and apologize for any inconvenience. 5-5-2022
The upgrade from Lynda.com to LinkedIn Learning for Library, opens a new window has been completed – let the learning begin! The new platform includes all existing Lynda.com features and functionalities in an updated, easier-to-use interface. Patrons of the Marin County Free Library now have access to an increased collection of courses in seven languages, where it is possible to learn relevant, professional skills.
Your library card unlocks unlimited access to great content in English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Mandarin, and Portuguese. You can learn the latest software, creative, and business skills. Users of any skill level can find bite-size tutorials, or comprehensive courses, on hundreds of topics, to target just what you want to learn, with personalized and self-paced learning.
You will need your library card and password to access this resource. You do not need to have a LinkedIn account. The LinkedIn Learning for Library service is available for patrons residing within the jurisdiction of the Marin County Free Library. If you’re not sure whether your home library is one of the branches of the Marin County Free Library, you can check by clicking on this link, opens a new window to the MARINet site and then entering your library card.
Note: You will need to access LinkedIn Learning for Library (Lynda.com) through the Library’s login page, opens a new window, not by directly visiting the LinkedIn Learning for Library homepage.
Why use LinkedIn Learning?
- Keep up to date with technology
- Build career-boosting business know-how
- Explore hundreds of topics in management, leadership, and marketing
- Gain multimedia, design, web development, and social media skills
- Get immediate, just-in-time answers to questions
What features are included?
- Expert instructors with real-world experience
- Searchable course transcripts for immediate answers
- Downloadable exercise files that reinforce retention
- Access to over 16,000 courses, with new courses added weekly
- Protecting your privacy is of the utmost importance. Patrons will only be required to login with their library card number and PIN and will not be identified in any other way.
Sample selection of courses:
- Project Management
- Mental Wellness
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Job Hunting
- Cloud Computing
- Data Science
- Digital Marketing
- 3D and Animation
- Audio and Music
- Job Hunting
- Open Source
- Resume Writing
- And much more