Teens, boost your reading time this summer with audiobooks! Expand your vocabulary, experience diverse authors from a variety of cultures, and be guided by professional narrators to fully immerse you in story.
AudiobookSYNC is a free summer audiobook program offered by OverDrive to get teens excited about the listening experience. Specifically for teens (ages 13+), the digital copies are provided by AudioFile audiobook magazine. SYNC delivers two theme-paired downloads a week until August 1. All are high interest titles with wide appeal.
Have household chores? Passenger on a road trip?
Waiting in line? Going for a walk or jog?
Solution: read with your ears! Listen to soundclip samples for these 2019 titles
How it works
- Listen on most devices (iOS®, AndroidTM, Chromebook, Kindle®, and Windows and Mac desktop)
- Use the Overdrive app to download titles (sorry, SYNC is not compatible with Libby)
- Downloads are in MP3 format and are available for 7 days (publisher requirements)
- Each week begins and ends on a Thursday morning
- SYNC Audiobooks may be downloaded to more than one device
- Text syncya to 25827 for text alerts about featured titles
Thanks to Natalie Mallett, Teen Librarian at the Civic Center Library, and the MCFL Teen Services team for sponsoring this post!