We are happy to announce that the Library will now be offering:
Curbside Returns Drop-Off Service
Outside the South Novato Library
Starting Saturday June 13 through Saturday June 27
During curbside drop-off hours only:
Tuesday – Saturday 12-6 pm
We know that many of you have been anxious to return your items, and we appreciate your understanding and patience over the last three months. This curbside returns service will allow Library staff to accept returns from any library in Marin County.
Please note that you are not required to return your items yet. It is just an option if you would like to return them. Due dates continue to be extended.
What you need to know:
- The curbside return drop-off service will be contactless.
- Face coverings and social distancing will be required. Spacing guidelines will be clearly marked.
- Follow signs to form a queue
- Stay in your car until space is available at drop-off tables
- Place items in the bin on the table and return to your car
- Follow exit signs
- Library staff will collect the bins and place in the van
- Items will be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked-in, so items will remain on your library record while we safely process them. (This could be as long as a week). All due dates were extended to July 15, and there are no overdue fees.
- Because of safety protocols, no return receipts will be available.
We cannot accept donations at the curbside drop-off service. If you would like to donate books, the Book Place at 1608 Grant Ave in Novato is accepting donations. Please phone ahead (415-209-0212) to check if they have room for your donations before bringing your books/materials to the Book Place. Their room gets full very quickly, and they often have to refuse donations temporarily. Please read their Donation Guidelines.
We are also excited to announce that it is now possible to place holds in our online catalog again! Please be aware that curbside pickup service hours and procedures vary, so check our Locations page for details on each location. Because of the restrictions and COVID-19 protocols we are following to keep our patrons and staff safe, processing and delivery times for holds will be longer than usual.
Please continue to check our website for updates, as conditions are changing frequently.
Questions? Please call our Talk with a Librarian line at (415) 473-2272, M-F 9am-6pm, or visit our Contact Us page.