Welcome to South Novato Library, the newest branch in Marin County, located in Hamilton's Hangar 6.
The Library opened here in June 2004, having relocated from Pacheco Plaza in Ignacio, where it had been established in 1998. These hangars served as part of the Hamilton Air Force Base, and have been remodeled today to house a number of businesses, the Marin Community Foundation and the YMCA.
Come and enjoy our beautiful, modern branch with free wi-fi access, bi-monthly crafts, storytimes and monthly book club, as well as exciting events for all ages.
Aerial view of Hamilton Air Force Base, September 1934. An "x" appears to the right of Hangar 6, which today houses the South Novato Library Branch and the Marin County Free Library's Technical Services department. Image courtesy Anne...
This issue of PG&E Progress, from May 1933, describes the soon-to-be-opened Hamilton Air Force Base, which operated from June 1933 until it was decommissioned in 1973. Image courtesy Anne T. Kent California Room.