To access digital magazines and newspapers, you will need your library card number and password (PIN).
New Digital Magazines
Read a wide variety of popular magazines online. Free with your library card.
- Wide range of popular magazines.
- No magazine checkout limits - borrow as many as you like.
- No waitlists. Everything is instantly available.
- Magazines check out for 3 weeks and can be renewed.
- Easy access through the Libby app for OverDrive. Get the Libby app, opens a new window.
- Also available to read in your browser on the OverDrive website, opens a new window.
Read the digital version of Consumer Reports magazine and Bloomberg Businessweek on Flipster.
- Access issues of Bloomberg Businessweek and Consumer Reports from 2014 to the current issue, as well as the Consumer Reports Annual Buying Guide.
- Read online through a browser or download to an app to read offline.
- Search your app store for the free Flipster app, available for iOS and Android.
Tip: To see back issues, click on the current magazine cover, and then click on the “All Issues” icon in the menu at the top right. You can also search within one issue or all issues, and browse all the covers.
Note: Not all libraries in Marin offer Flipster magazines. Access depends on your residence address. Learn more.
New York Times Online
Access the New York Times online for free.
- Get remote passes to access NYTimes.com from home or from your device.
- Passes give you unlimited access for a 72 hour period and you can use them as many times as you like!
Wall Street Journal
Access the Wall Street Journal online for free.
- Unlimited access for 3 days. After that, return here to click through to get access again for another 3 days.
Note: You will need to create a free WSJ account or sign in to an existing account. Follow the prompts.
San Francisco Chronicle
Free access to the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Select the Image format to browse the newspaper as it appears in print from 2017 to the current day.
- Text article access is available from 1985 to the current day, and web edition articles are available from 2016 to the current day.
Marin Independent Journal
Free access to the Marin Independent Journal.
- Select the Image format to browse the newspaper as it appears in print from December 28, 2020 to the current day.
- Text article access is available from 2002 to the current day.
San Francisco Community Coverage
Explore news and events from across the Bay Area.
Search for articles in current and archived issues of over 100 titles, including: the Oakland Tribune, San Jose Mercury News, Mill Valley Herald, Novato Advance, Ross Valley Reporter, SF Weekly, San Rafael News Pointer, Sausalito Marin Scope, and the Twin Cities Times.