Marin County Free Library is committed to making library services accessible and welcoming to all our users.
Visiting a Library Branch
For People with Limited Mobility
- Automatic door openers at entrances
- Designated accessible parking spaces in parking lots
- Wheelchair accessible reference desks
- Accessible restrooms
- Computer stations that accommodate wheelchairs
Resources from the Library
For People with Low or Limited Vision
- Large print books, both fiction and nonfiction
- Children’s Braille books
- eBooks that can be read aloud by a device
- eBooks and Downloadable Magazines that can be magnified or font increased in size for readability
- Audiobooks: CD, mp3 discs, and downloadable/streaming
- A handheld magnifier is available at the Reference Desk for use in the library
- Large Print/High Contrast Keyboards Available on request
For People with Low or Limited Hearing
Books & Materials about Disabilities
Other Helpful Services
- Library Beyond Walls offers free delivery of library materials by mail, for Marin County residents who are unable to visit our libraries in person due to a temporary or permanent disability. For more information visit Library Beyond Walls.
- Catalog Assistance: Library staff will check the online catalog, check the shelves, and place holds for individuals whenever the library is open.
- Physical Assistance: Staff will retrieve materials anywhere in the building. Just ask!
Do You Need an Accommodation?
For disability accommodations, please phone 415-473-3220 (Voice), CA Relay 711, or email email@example.com at least five business days in advance of the event. The County will do its best to fulfill requests received with less than five business days’ notice. Copies of documents are available in alternative formats, upon request.
Local Disability Resources
The Marin County Heath and Human Services Department (Marin HHS) has a fantastic Community Resources Guide, opens a new window.