Check out a Conscious Kids book kit.
Books to enjoy and spark conversations about racial equity with our children.
Each Conscious Kids book kit includes a selection of books along with a discussion guide. There are 8 different kits available to check out, each focusing on one of these topics: Arts & Culture, Belonging, Biographies, Celebrating & Centering Kids of Color, Gender Expressions, Immigration, Let’s Talk About Race, and Social Justice.
To check out a kit, either place a hold in the library catalog or ask a staff member at the library. Kits check out for 3 weeks, with up to 2 renewals.
For More Information Visit These Websites:
- Raising Race Conscious Children – www.raceconscious.org
- Embrace Race – www.embracerace.org
- Social Justice Books – www.socialjusticebooks.org
- Teaching for Change – www.teachingforchange.org
- Teaching Tolerance – www.tolerance.org
Articles for Further Reading
- Talking Race With Young Children
- How to Talk to Kids about Race and Racism
- How to Talk to Kids About Race: Books and Resources That Can Help
- Teaching Tolerance Guide: Discussing Race, Racism and Other Difficult Topics with Students [pdf]
- Beyond the Golden Rule: A Parent’s Guide to Preventing and Responding to Prejudice [pdf]
- Talking With Young Children (0-5) About Race
- A Family Guide to Talking About Race [pdf]