About Corte Madera Library
- Welcome to the Corte Madera Library, conveniently located near Highway 101 across from the Town Center Mall and Peet’s in Corte Madera.
- Features free wi-fi access, comfortable chairs for reading, study or meeting your neighbor.
- Lovely garden with benches available for enjoying the outdoors.
- Programs for adults, teens and children, including monthly “Read to a Dog”, storytimes, lectures, workshops and book clubs.
- One to one computer tutoring, by appointment.
- Large, up-to-date collection of books, paperbacks, books on CD, large-type books, DVDs, magazines and newspapers.
- Community Room features rotating art exhibits from local artists.
Computers & Wi-Fi
- Computer reservations are recommended. Reservations can be made at the branch or online.
- 13 public computers for adults & teens
- 1 early literacy (AWE) computer for children
- 2 ADA workstations
- Free wi-fi access is available throughout the branch.
Print, Copy, Scan, Fax
- B&W & color printers
- Copy machine (B&W only)
- Scan and fax, up to 20 pages a day
- To print to this location from your computer or mobile device, visit our MobilePrint page.
Computer & eBook Help by Appointment
- One-to-one internet tutoring by appointment
To reserve a session, please call 415-924-6444.
- eBook training by appointment
Learn how to download free eBooks from the library. Bring your own device or see a demo. To make an appointment for a free half-hour session, please call 924-6444.
Donating Books & Materials
- We accept small quantities of donations at the branch (due to limited storage space).
- Larger donations can be taken to the bookstore run by the Friends – Book Place.
- Books should be in good condition. We also accept DVDs, videos, CDs and magazines.
- We do not accept textbooks. (The Friends do not accept textbooks or magazines).
- Donated items are usually sold at the branch or at the Friends bookstore.
- Friends of the Marin County Free Library
- Friends of the Corte Madera Library –
For information, please contact the Corte Madera Library at 415-924-3515.
- The Friends of the Corte Madera Library Community Room is available for individual or group shows.
- Please email sample images for consideration to: email@example.com. Please include “art exhibit request” in the subject line of the email.
- Artwork is accepted for display at the discretion of library staff.
- The Friends of the Corte Madera Library Community Room is the Library’s designated group study area, and we welcome all to utilize the space, including tutors.
- Please see our Tutor Policy including guidelines for tutoring in the library; please inquire at the branch for more information.
- Because our space is limited, those using the Community Room should be prepared to share the tables and to keep voices at a moderate level.
- If needed for Library programs or activities, the Community Room may not be available and other off-site locations should be considered for tutoring appointments; please refer to our monthly calendar for more information on room availability; copies are available in the branch.
- Please be aware that tutoring activities are to be confined to the Community Room only.
Photography courtesy of the Anne T. Kent California Room Collection
History of the Corte Madera Library: The Corte Madera branch of the Marin County Free Library opened in January 1928 in the Parkside Hotel Building, which it shared with the Post Office. More information about the library is available in “The Building of the Corte Madera Library“[pdf], a summary prepared by Nancy Davis.
Presentation by Laurie Thompson of the Anne T. Kent California Room: “History of the Marin County Free Library and its Establishment in Corte Madera“[pdf], December 1, 2011
News & Highlights
Online Library Events