Starting November 1, 2023, Kanopy is replacing play credits with a ticket system. Instead of 8 play credits per month, you'll get 24 tickets each month in your Kanopy account - available free with your Marin County Free Library card!
With this update, you can easily see the number of tickets required and viewing period for each film next to the play button.
As you browse for titles, you'll see the number of tickets required to watch each title and how long you have to watch it.
For episodic titles, like TV series and The Great Courses, you'll also see what content the tickets unlock (e.g., "Season 1" or "all").
You can see your remaining tickets for the month in the top-right corner of the homepage.
You'll get new tickets each month. Tickets do not roll over from month to month.
See a video of the new Kanopy tickets.
What is Kanopy?
Kanopy is a streaming service offering thousands of feature films, documentaries, and bingeable series. Watch for free with your library card!
- The Great Courses requires tickets. The number of tickets and viewing period is clearly labeled for each course.
- After starting a video, you can watch it as many times as you'd like within the viewing period without using more tickets.
- Some titles, like those included in Kanopy Kids, do not require tickets.
- For episodic titles, like TV series and The Great Courses, you can see what content the tickets unlock - e.g. "Season 1" or "all".
- You can access a Continue Watching shelf under My Lists to pick up where you left off and see how much time is remaining.