Kids Summer Challenge 2021
June 12 - August 6
Play the Tales to Trails Game!
- Print the Tales to Trails reading game, opens a new window and keep track of reading and fun activities every day with our fun game board. Copies of the game board are also available at all our branches.
- Join our Superstars Gallery. Send us a picture of something you created. Submit: MCFLKids@marincounty.org.
The Kids Summer Challenge is for kids ages 0-12 years. You do not have to be reading on your own to participate. Children ages 0-5 can participate with parents’ help. Kids who have just graduated from 5th grade have the choice of participating in the Kids or Teen Summer Challenge.
Will there be a Summer Reading Program this year?
Yes! This year our summer program will focus on preventing summer slide and closing the opportunity gap through targeted outreach to partner agencies. We are working on plans to integrate aspects of our reading program into our Curbside and Library Express services.
Will there be programs?
Yes! Libraries will be holding outdoor programs as safety and space allow. Please check your local branch and our Events calendar for details. (Coming soon)
Will there be prizes?
This year the focus of our summer challenge is engagement and activity rather than prizes. Reading, writing, playing, singing and making up stories are all ways that children build literacy skills. Families are encouraged to spend time outdoors, find and read books together, and expand on the ideas listed on our game board.
How do I get reading recommendations for me/my child?
Children’s staff at each branch are happy to talk with you and your child to find books you will enjoy.
• Call or visit your local branch (Hours and Locations)
• Talk to a Librarian by calling 415-473-2272 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Sat 9-3, Sun 1-4)
• Request a Book Bundle so staff can create personalized recommendations especially chosen for you!