- Welcome to the Inverness Library – one of the most charming libraries in Marin County.
- Features a welcoming garden with wi-fi access, perfect for reading, study or gathering.
- Monthly coffee & tea klatch and regular storytimes (during the school year) as well as special events for all ages.
- Good-sized, up-to-date collection of books, books on CD, DVDs, magazines and newspapers. Smaller collection of large-type books and music CDs.
- Spanish language materials for children, teens and adults.
- Complete collection of Jack Mason’s books on West Marin as well as other local historians’ works and guide books to local flowers, birds and other animals.
- The Reading Room is also the exhibit space for the Jack Mason Museum of West Marin History. (To find out about their current exhibit go to www.jackmasonmuseum.org.)
Computers & Wi-Fi
- Public internet computers are available.
- Reservations are recommended. Reserve a computer online, opens a new window or in person at the branch.
- TechConnect packs with Chromebooks are also available for loan.
- Free wi-fi access is available throughout the branch, on the porch and in the garden. No password needed.
Print & Copy
- B&W & color printer
- Copy machine (B&W only)
- To print to this location from your computer or mobile device, visit our MobilePrint page.
- Handicapped parking space and ramp in the back of the building
- Accessible restroom
Donating Books & Materials
- We accept small quantities of donations at the branch (due to limited storage space).
- Larger donations can be taken to the bookstore run by the Friends – Book Place, opens a new window.
- Books should be in good condition. We also accept DVDs, videos, and CDs.
- We do not accept textbooks, cassettes, magazines or videos. (The Friends do not accept textbooks or magazines).
- Donated items are usually sold at the branch or at the Friends bookstore, or the annual August booksale during the Inverness Fair.