IMPORTANT NOTE: Information on this page may be out-of-date.
For updated information on services available at this time, please see Service Updates FAQs.
- Welcome to the Inverness Library – one of the most charming libraries in Marin County.
- Features a welcoming garden with wi-fi access, perfect for reading, study or gathering.
- Regular storytimes, weekly coffee and tea klatch, quilting group, and monthly computer group.
- Good-sized, up-to-date collection of books, books on CD, large-type books, DVDs, magazines and newspapers. Smaller collection of music CDs.
- Spanish language materials for children, teens and adults.
- Complete collection of Jack Mason’s books on West Marin as well as other local historians’ works and guide books to local flowers, birds and other animals.
- Each summer we have summer reading programs for children and teens along with special events, many of which are sponsored by the Tomales Bay Library Association.
- The Reading Room is also the exhibit space for the Jack Mason Museum of West Marin History. (To find out about their current exhibit go to www.jackmasonmuseum.org.)
Computers & Wi-Fi
- Computer reservations are recommended. Reservations can be made by phone or at the branch.
- 3 public computers for adults, teens and children
- Free wi-fi access is available throughout the branch, on the porch and in the garden. No password needed.
Print & Copy
- B&W & color printer
- Copy machine (B&W only)
- To print to this location from your computer or mobile device, visit our MobilePrint page.
- Handicapped parking space and ramp in the back of the building
- Accessible restroom
Donating Books & Materials
- We accept small quantities of donations at the branch (due to limited storage space).
- Larger donations can be taken to the bookstore run by the Friends – Book Place.
- Books should be in good condition. We also accept DVDs, videos, and CDs.
- We do not accept textbooks, cassettes, magazines or videos. (The Friends do not accept textbooks or magazines).
- Donated items are usually sold at the branch or at the Friends bookstore, or the annual August booksale during the Inverness Fair.