Bored? Looking for something fun to do this summer? Come grab a craft kit from the library, while supplies last! Just stop in and ask your librarian to hook you up!
Transform square pieces of paper into beautifully intricate 3D works of art! With a few tucks and folds, you can create animals, shapes, and more with this ancient artform. Having roots in China and Japan, origami has evolved throughout the world and is practiced by people of all backgrounds and ages. So pull up a pattern, start folding, and create some paper masterpieces of your very own!
- 8 sheets origami paper
- 1 instruction sheet (horse, crane, or snapper)
- 1 project inspiration sheet
- 1 wellness flyer
Materials not included but may be nice to have:
- https://www.origamiway.com/origami-animals.shtml, opens a new window
- http://www.origami-instructions.com/origami-animals-instructions.html, opens a new window
- https://www.origami-resource-center.com/origami-animals.html, opens a new window
Instructions/ How to get started:
Use the included instructions, links on the project inspiration sheet, or your favorite YouTube origami tutorials to determine which 8 animals you'd like to create.
Crane: https://www.origami-fun.com/support-files/origami-crane-print.pdf, opens a new window
Tips for making:
- Go slow. Some designs can be really complicated, but you can do this!
- Mistakes are OK. Paper is a forgivable medium, don’t worry if you make a mistake, you can always unfold and begin again.
- Review folding instructions before you start. Sometimes the beginning steps look super easy but the later instructions seem confusing. Make sure you find and use instructions that are clear to you.
- When you get frustrated, it’s OK to take a break. You can always come back and finish the project later.