- Welcome to the Civic Center Library, located on the 4th floor of the Marin County Civic Center Administration Building designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Home to the Anne T. Kent California Room collection of local history resources.
- Permanent collection of books, DVDs and videos about Frank Lloyd Wright and his architectural projects.
- Spanish language materials for children, teens and adults. Russian language materials for adults.
- Test proctoring of open book exams is available at this branch.
- Household batteries can be recycled at the Civic Center Library.
Computers & Wi-Fi
- Public internet computers are available, including ADA accessible workstations and learning workstations for children.
- Reservations are recommended. Reserve a computer online, opens a new window or in person at the branch.
- TechConnect packs with Chromebooks are also available for loan.
- Free wi-fi access is available throughout the branch.
Print, Copy, Scan, Fax
- B&W & color printers
- 2 copy machines (B&W only)
- Scanner – print, fax, email or save documents to USB
- To print to this location from your computer or mobile device, visit our MobilePrint page.
Digital Reader/Printer & Flatbed Scanner
- 1 digital scanner for scanning microfilm or microfiche
- Scanned images may be saved to a flash drive as a pdf or as a graphic file (e.g. jpg)
- Images may also be printed or emailed.
- For instruction on the use of this equipment, please call the Information Desk at 415.473.6058 for an appointment.
Open Book Exam Proctoring at the Civic Center Library
- The Civic Center Library is the only branch of the Marin County Free Library that offers test proctoring.
- Test proctoring is available for open book exams only.
- You must set up an appointment in advance by calling the Reference Desk at 415-473-6058.
- The fee for proctoring an exam is $25.
- On the day of the test, you must bring:
- photo ID
- $25 in cash or check to Marin County Free Library
- any required test-taking materials
Proctoring at Other Locations
Santa Rosa Junior College Student Success and Assessment Services Testing Centers in Santa Rosa and Petaluma are available to proctor paper and computerized exams for students enrolled in Independent Study, Online, Correspondence or Distance Education Programs for educational institutions or businesses. Please visit their website for testing information, opens a new window that includes testing dates, locations and financial information. To make an appointment contact (707) 527-4661.
The Testing Office at San José State University provides proctoring services for exams from other institutions and professional organizations. Please visit their website for testing information, including fees, and information required to request proctoring for an exam. Please e-mail their office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request proctoring services.
- Handicapped parking spaces
- Accessible restrooms
- Accessible self-check machine and book return
- ADA workstation
Donating Books & Materials
- We accept small quantities of donations at the branch (due to limited storage space).
- Larger donations can be taken to the bookstore run by the Friends – Book Place, opens a new window.
- Books should be in good condition. We also accept DVDs, videos, CDs and magazines.
- We do not accept textbooks. (The Friends do not accept textbooks or magazines).
- Donated items are usually sold at the branch or at the Friends bookstore.