Tax Season Begins: Monday, January 24th, 2022
Taxes Due By: Monday, April 18, 2022
You must file and pay by April 18, 2022.
If you are not ready to file your return by that date, you must send your payment by April 18, 2022, and submit the return by October 17, 2022
Forms & Booklets
We're Here for You!
IRS forms 1099 and 1096 are currently available at the ten Marin County Free Libraries while supplies last. Instruction booklets are also available for the 1040 federal form and the state 540 2EZ, but currently only in English.
For all other tax forms, you may print for free using our mobile printing instructions, or come into the branch and receive staff assistance with printing.
Federal Tax forms and Publications From the IRS
Use the Internal Revenue Service website to find forms, instructions, links for e-filing, and general information about federal income tax returns.
Online: To view, download & print forms and publications see: https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions
By Phone: For information about contacting the IRS by phone, see: https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance and scroll down to the section titled "IRS Phone Numbers"
By Mail: To order forms and publications by mail, visit: https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/forms-and-publications-by-us-mail
Hearing impaired TTY/TDD: 1-800-829-4059
California Tax Forms from the State Franchise Tax Board
For state of California tax products and information, see the California State Franchise Tax Board website.
Online: To view, download & print forms: www.ftb.ca.gov/forms
By Phone: Call 1-800-338-0505. To have forms and publications mailed directly to your home you will need to know the order code number. Codes can be found here: https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/get-by-phone.html
Hearing impaired TTY/TDD: 1-800-822-6268
Out of State Tax Forms
El IRS en Español
Información general acerca de los impuestos de los Estados Unidos (General tax information in Spanish). http://www.irs.gov/Spanish
Tax Help Services
AARP Tax-Aides provide free income tax assistance during tax season for all low and middle income taxpayers, with special attention to seniors.
Tax Preparation Services Open 2/1/2022 - 4/18/2022. Appointments required.
- Fairfax Library. Contact: 415-320-6191 or email@example.com. Hours: Mondays & Wednesdays, 10 am - 2 pm
- First Congregational Church (San Rafael). Contact: 415-320-6191. Hours: Tuesdays & Saturdays, 9:30 am - 2 pm
- Margaret Todd Senior Center (Novato). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Tentative Hours: Wednesdays in March, 10 am - 2 pm
- Mill Valley Community Center. Contact: 415-322-9361 or email@example.com. Hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 8:30 am - 1 pm
- North Marin Community Services (Novato). Contact 415-488--5401 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours: Mondays and Thursdays, 10 am - 2 pm (Spanish translator available)
- San Rafael Community Center. Contact: 415-295-6624 or SRCCtaxaide@gmail.com, opens a new window. Hours: Tuesdays & Fridays, 9:30 am - 2 pm
Earn It! Keep It! Save It! (EKS) (English and Spanish) is a coalition of organizations that provide free tax help throughout the Bay Area. Tax returns are prepared by trained and IRS-certified volunteers.
- Canal Alliance. Appointment required, contact (415) 404-6485. Hours: Saturdays 10 am - 4 pm, from 2/5/2022 to 4/16/2022
- Community Action Marin. Walk-in, no appointment needed. Hours: Fridays 9am - 4pm, from 2/4/2022 until 4/8/2022